Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A new dog in town

I've lost my house.
It happened so quickly. A few days ago, a new fur ball came into my life. About 20 inches long and 14 inches high. Black and brown.
A miniature Doberman Pincher, with powerful legs and the personality of a linebacker.
On day 2, he spotted a small opening and darted through it, vanishing down the street at warp speed.
I ran after him, found him standing placidly on a front yard 600 feet away, pretending to study insects in the grass. I walked over and picked him up. No objection.
That was his first step. He was willing to endure captivity at my house, but the terms would have to be negotiated. Otherwise, there would be further escapes, more running down the street in pursuit.
Two days later, he took over the house. He now has two adults tending to his every wish.
That's what a good pet does. He recognizes what you're thinking: How did I ever get along without this guy?
Then he takes over the house.

No comments: